CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 1, 2010

Our Weekend and Some Good News!


Our weekend started on Saturday morning waking up looking and feeling a little like this......





because our heater in our house was broken. Not a good time for not any heat. It was REALLY cold. We had some people come look at it to see what was wrong and were told that it could be fixed, but not until Monday when they could get the parts. So, we packed up and stayed the night at my parents house. But right as we were getting ready for bed......my parents got a call ...... with this news..........



Caroline Ann Fay was ready to be born!!!!! Yes, I have a new little niece. My sister, Laurie, was suppose to be induced on Monday, but sweet little Caroline had her own agenda and arrived at 4:28 Sunday morning weighing 7 pounds 2 oz. She is very healthy and could not be cuter, don't you think? She has the blondest hair I have ever seen on a little baby and so much of it! Mommy and baby are all doing great! Emily and Luke LOVED her and could not get enough of her. Emily loves that she has another girl on my side of the family and can not wait for her to get a little older to play with her. She already has many fun things planned for the two of them.



After returning home on Sunday night from Dallas, we decided to brave the cold and stay at our own house to make getting to school a little easier on Monday morning. So, we layered up the kiddos in their pj's, moved their mattresses to our room, heated their beds with a heating pad, and tucked each of them in under about 5 blankets. We closed the door to our room and turned on the bathroom heater and let that heat our room. Surprisingly, it worked really well. Maybe a little on the trashy side, but it worked. Granted it is something that I would not want to do every night, but it worked for one night! It made me really thankful for something that we take for granted. It made me really sad to think about families that do that every day with no hope of the heat ever coming on. We now have a heater that is working and boy do I feel blessed!



UPDATE: Also, today the dr called and told me that the biopsy came back fine. It was some kind of cyst and it was nothing to be concerned about! No cancer! Praise God! Thank you for all of your sweet thoughts and prayers!




3 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow!! Two major praises!! Praise God for the test results. I am so happy to hear that. And oh my goodness, Caroline is absolutely precious! I'm so glad to hear that she and Lauri are doing well. Congratulations!

Becky said...

Susan, sorry I am always so behind on reading!! I just don't get to blogs much anymore......mine or others!
I'm always remembering your precious children! And I'm so grateful for the results that you got!! I didn't know that about you.
Your faith and testimony are amazing!

Amy Kirby Brooks said...

Yay for Caroline! And Yay for benign results!! Praise the Lord for his goodness:)