CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Are you giving your child what they want for Christmas?


Are you giving your child what they want for Christmas this year? Well, unfortunately, we can not. Let me explain..... This afternoon after school, Emily told me, "Mommy, I know that special surprise that you and daddy are giving to me for Christmas this year." Of course, I started thinking, great, she has somehow figured out what it is. So, I asked her, "What do you think that it is?" Emily then said with such a big smile on her little face,"You found a cure for diabetes, didn't you? And you are going to give that to me for Christmas." My eyes filled with tears and told her, "Sweetie, I wish that I could give that to you for Christmas. But if I had the cure for diabetes, I would give it to you now and not make you wait until Christmas." It just breaks my heart I will never be able to make her wish come true.

As many of you know, Emily's school just concluded their "School Walk for Diabetes". Thanks to our great family and many friends, Emily was able to raise $965 towards helping someone find that cure for herself and the many of millions that endure what her little body does everyday. It meant so much to Jeff, Emily and me that so many of our friends and family would donate their money to help in the fight to find a cure. I pray and try to believe that someone, somewhere will be able to give my little girl her wish. And with everyone's donations we are all helping Emily's wish come true. Thank you!

6 comments:

Missy said...

Oh my goodness; that breaks my heart. She is such a strong little girl, and I'm so sorry she has to endure all of that. We are praying for you guys.

Becky said...

She is precious and I know that broke your heart! We moms would take any pain away from them that we could!!!
J reminded me tonight that God can do anything! That is right! We can pray for and still believe in miracles!!
Bless you guys!!

Michelle said...

Wow. Susan, that brings tears to my eyes. But I love the hope that Emily has, and that we should all have. I'm so sorry that you can't give her that for Christmas--I know you wish that even more than she does. We will pray that God will bring that wish to fruition soon.

Quiltermama said...

Praying that she gets what she wants...before Christmas. God can do anything. He can.

You are such a wonderful family, and she is so blessed to have you by her side.

brickmomma said...

Sad for you that you had to look into her eyes.....that you have to deal with this every day. I am sorry.

I am certain that your faith will continue to get you thru this day by day.

Love to all of you!

Becky said...

Thinking of you all....Merry Christmas!
I wish I could give you guys the cure for diabeties and my sister the cure for MS! That's all I'd want for Christmas!
Blessings to you all!