CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 29, 2008

I'm a Big First Grader!!


Here is a picture of E the morning of her first day in first grade. It is hard to believe that she is old enough to already be in first grade. She was really nervous, anxious and excited. But she really likes being a first grader and getting to do more big kid things! I think her favorite part so far is getting to have her own desk!!

However, we have had a really hard week controlling her diabetes. To put it into perspective for you, she should never have too many lows (low blood sugar). In fact, the doctors have advised us if she ever has three lows in a week we should contact them in order to change her care plan. Well, starting the night before school started and for the next 36 hours she had 5 times were she was low. Not good and actually very dangerous. We have contacted the dr. twice this week and have changed some of the things we are doing. Stress and anxiety can make her blood levels low and obviously have done so. We are hoping that by next week she will be more comfortable with everything and her levels will start to normalize. We hate that it has been this way for her this week, but know this is just a part of the fun diabetes game.




Even though we have had rough few days, we are looking forward to a great year and getting to see and experience all of the fun things E will get to do and learn this year.

9 comments:

Becky said...

I don't suppose that she could be any more beautiful!! And that outfit is too precious!!!
Praying all the time for you all and that things will even and smooth out!!

Michelle said...

She is so beautiful! Wow. What a young lady. We had a lot of fun with yall this morning. I hope we can do that again really soon.

Laurie said...

Cute, cute!!! Still can't see her feet though! :)

Haven't got a chance to ask you how the second weeks levels have been??? Better after the adjustments??

Our Shields' Story said...

What a precious Girl!!! We pray that this roller coaster of levels will soon end. Andrew aks everyday...where is E? Why does she have to go to school and not play with L and me?

Emily said...

She looks precious. Love the outfit! Hope you have had more luck with her levels this week.

Quiltermama said...

Beautiful girl!!!

I know it'll get better!!!

My 1st grader was singing "1st Aid in the 1st Grade" on the way to his school, totally cracking me up (and those around us)! It's from Jonah, the Veggie Tales Movie, just in case you need to learn the song! ;-)

Missy said...

She looks absolutely adorable. I can't believe she is already in first grade!!

I LOVE her outfit.

I hope that she has a great year!

brickmomma said...

hey friend-

I can't find your email suddenly :( can you email me....I have a pto question....

Mandy said...

Susan,
You have such a cute family...I love checking your blog and seeing them grow up essentially. Just wanted to say hello!

mandy